Monday, August 8, 2011

Vegan question - etiquette?

I am in community college and sometimes grab lunch in the cafeteria after class because it is very convenient and I am in a rush to get to work after class. Anyways, I am a vegan and my only real option is a hummus wrap. I get hummus and all the veggies that they offer. I always got the sense that the woman working there was annoyed with me for ordering something not on the menu (never mind that she gives me a pathetically small amount of hummus), but I just ignore it. Yesterday, she took the spoon out of the mayo so there was a large glob on it, while she scooped up some hummus. Before putting on the wrap I politely spoke up and asked her to use a clean spoon because I don’t want mayo in it. She did, but seemed irritated, but I just ignored it. (For all she knows I am allergic). Today I went to get a hummus wrap and she told me that they no longer carry hummus! I don’t know if it had anything to do with the day before, but it almost seems like it! I think she is the manager, too. Should I complain?

No comments:

Post a Comment