Monday, August 8, 2011

Why is my husband so distant from me? Or am I crazy?

We've been married for 10 yrs, no kids, both work and I'm going to college now. I'm 34 and he's 35. Maybe I'm going crazy but I feel like my husband doesn't care about me anymore. The moment he gets home, he showers and eats and puts his earphones on and watches movies on Netflix or plays his games. I love talking, so I ask how his day was, just trying to make conversation. I start thinking, maybe I'm not attractive anymore, maybe I'm too boring. I do everything in the house, even outside (mow grass, wash car, garden, etc), I pay all the bills, I get groceries. I do EVERYTHING. The only thing he does is : work, eat, shower, sleep, computer. That's all. We've been invited to go out with a couple of friends, he said he was too tired. He never wants to do anything. I don't think he has depression because at work he's very sociable, very polite with everyone. People tell me: "what a lucky girl you are to have him!" and I just nod. Sure! So he's one person outside of the house and another inside. So people think I'm crazy. He has absolutely no interest on me. Always with earphones on. If I go talk to him, he said "shh... wait for commercial" (and he's watching a 2 hour movie on Netflix, so there's no commercial). I feel so frustrated. Ten years is a long time to be married. I feel very unsatisfied. Our sex life is basically nonexistent. But I just don't want him for sex: I want to have a good companion for everything! Someone I can talk to, listen to, share everything with. What do you think: am I crazy? I've tried going to therapy, he said there's no reason for it, because everything is great. (not!)

No comments:

Post a Comment